Monday, July 1, 2013

Crafty Kit Cuteness


It's been a few years since I first saw the kits for these super cute Japanese stuffed felt wind up toys online. I have always loved them, but have always passed them by because I'm not much of a kit crafter. Or at least I haven't been in a very, very, very long time.

Anyway, typically I like to collect my crafting components independently as opposed to having them ready for me, and often prefer to just figure it out myself instead of following detailed instructions. I know. I'm a rebel (not really - I'm a strict adherer to Ikea instructions, just not crafty instructions).

However, when I was making a recent fabric purchase from The Cloth Parcel and saw that they happened to have several of the kits in stock, I decided to splurge and treat myself to some felted cuteness.


What does the non-kit-crafter have to say about her latest kit crafting? It was fun! I really enjoyed the process and I super enjoy my felt wind up Red Riding Hood. I especially love her little bottle of wine and wheel of cheese in her basket. Grandma is a foodie.

The only problem is now I have Little Red Riding Hood on the brain, and it makes me wanna draw some fables and fairy tales.  I reckon that's not really a problem though, is it?



Pin It

No comments: