Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Such a Good Feeling to Know You're Alive Embroidery


Today's adventure in my Mister Rogers Week celebration travels to the land of embroidery, with a stitched sample of some of my favorite lines from one of my all time favorite Mister Rogers tunes.

A long time ago way back when I worked in a bead store, my co-worker (and friend) and I would sing this song together while closing the shop up for the night. It was always such a happy way to end a long (and sometimes arduous) day.



Seriously, it's such a happy, optimistic, sweet, and uplifting song, how could you not like it? I decided I should stitch it up and hang it in my studio for when my spirits need a-lifting...


...like dealing with embroidery frustrations. Grr.

It's been a loooooooooong time since I've done much stitchery myself, so I was happy to get back at it.  However, I basically free-handed this one, with a very skant plan of what I wanted to do. And the colors?  Totally on a whim. I kinda regret that now.

But then, it was also kinda fun and relaxing and exciting to have no plans...but then some times still very frustrating...

...but whatever! Because you know what? It is such a good feeling to know you're alive!

Pin It

No comments: