Monday, December 24, 2012

Bake Yourself a Merry Little Christmas


It's Christmas Eve, which means I finally have time to do some good old' fashioned baking (complete with modern appliances! Seriously, I think I used half almost every item we received from our wedding registry over the past two days...).

This year has been the busiest Christmastime in recent memory (for me, at least), which meant I never did get around to working on all the Christmassy crafts and goodies I wanted to do. Ho-hum, boo!

But today... Today I got to bake, and baking is relaxing and a general pleasure to me.


So I made some pignoli. And some seven layer bars. And some tiramisu. And candied pecans. And I made some pound cake loaves the other day. Yay!

The great thing about baking at Christmas is that there is almost never a gift conundrum that can't be solved by baking. That, and there are plenty of people around suddenly willing to share and indulge. Hooray for sharing! Hooray for indulging!

So, I'm happy. I hope you're happy too. Merry Christmas!



Pin It

1 comment:

copperseal said...

Merry Christmas! Your baked goods look amazing.