Thursday, October 18, 2012

If At First You Don't Succeed...


...Do it over.

I added the watercolor part of the mix to my La Calavera piece from the last post (pictured here underneath the other sketch). And I was not a fan. So guess what? I started her over again (that's it on the top). Yup! That's how we do it.

Some artists do it the clever way, by scanning linework, doing color studies, digitally editing things, etc., etc. But I was just too eager last time and dove right in, only to regret it. But this time around, I hope to think things out a bit more before jumping in. For both La Calavera and her new sister, La Llorona.



I want to redo her as well.  Her linework is too heavy handed and steady for my likes. It needs more variation.

Also, as a hilarious sidenote, my phone likes to correct "Llorona" to "Kilotons." So she will also be known as La Kilotons.

Anyway, that's what I am about to do – redo things! And this is how I do it, and this is how it gets is done.

Back to work!
Pin It

No comments: