Sunday, January 1, 2012

Haaa - Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!

Happy 2012, one and all!

I am really looking forward to this year. It's not that I have anything spectacular planned for it (at least not yet), but I'm just relieved to have a fresh new beginning.

And I'm super psyched to start settling into a normal schedule (I hope). I love the holidays, but October through December is always one big, huge, frenzied blur to me.

I actually sat down and counted it all out for the record when flipping through the calender to start anew this morning and *drumroll* -- My husband and I didn't have a single free weekend between the second week of August and the second week of December. Say what?!?

Yep. For four months, otherwise known as a third of the entire year, we did not have a single commitment-free weekend where there was nothing to do, or nowhere to go. Sure, it was a string of mostly lovely people, great new work endeavors, joyous celebrations, wonderful opportunities, etc., etc. But I digress... Not a single weekend of pure relaxation for four months! Gah!

Perhaps that works for many folks, but I've discovered that doesn't work for me. We need some time to unwind and do nothing at all sometimes. I want to just lounge around with the cats and draw up non-job related stuff sometimes without worrying about being late for something or letting someone down, you know?

And with that, I took some time today to paint up my quasi-traditional new year doodle. It was a very nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

So far, so good, 2012! Pin It

No comments: