Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Have the Best Mom Ever (Or 'What My Mom Sent Me for Easter')

I love my mom. She does things like this.

She sends me surprises like this mysterious apparently blank construction paper card we received in the mail yesterday...

...and then I open it to find this! A completely homemade pop-up Easter diorama card!!! Love!!! How cute and awesome is that? Very!

I mean, she designed, drew, cut, and assembled the whole thing herself, which has me, Miss Arts-N-Crafts Lady, totally in awe of how she did it.

Looks like that although I managed to inherit her artistic ability, the patience and geometry/math genes passed me by. Ahhhh, fickle genetics!

But hey, at least I got the arty part. That's what's important, right?

And although you all may not be familiar with my mom's handy work, I can say that this card is quintessentially Mama in its style. I love it! Just look at that adorable chick!

When my husband saw it he thought it was pretty cool, too. Then he paused, looked at it, turned to me and said, "You are so your mother's daughter." Apparently in content and in style (hmmm, perhaps artistic style is an inheritable trait...).

Apparently the other long distance sibling got a homemade pop-up Easter card too, and he declared it the best card he has ever received. I heartily concur.

I'm so glad I opened it before Easter -- now I get to enjoy it a bit longer.

Now I just need a few more, so that I can have my little collection to put out for decoration every year (hint *wink*hint*nudge, Mama).

I smell a new tradition! Pin It


Michelle said...

So very adorable!

Anita said...

What an awesome Easter card! I think you should have your mom write a tutorial for your blog!
Have a wonderful Easter,
xo, a.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice compliments. It's fun to make things for my favorite people.
I love you, too - mama

JoL - Amazon freak-a-zoid said...

too cute! y'all are both very talented ladies!

I agree with Anita - if she can share her secrets, post a tutorial!

Country Miss said...

You have a very cool mum.That is THE cutest card.I would also like to see your mum write a tutorial!

Luxembourg said...

Really useful write-up. I simply stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I’ve especially favored studying your weblog posts. Any implies I’ll be subscribing with your feed and I hope you publish as soon as much more quickly.

Alia Dalwai said...


Im ur follower!

Great site, love the posts!

Do visit my blog too at