Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun with Flocking

I know I haven't been a busy little blogging bee of late (and I hope to write a post about the partial why of that soon), but I did manage to get in a bit of time the other day for some first-time flocking fun!

And the results were cute and Eastery. Why not find some time to squeeze in quick photos and a mini-post too? Hurray!

I bought some tiny little canisters of flocking powder from the dollar bin at the craft store a couple of years ago, and never ever did anything with them (and in case you're not familiar with the term, flocking powder is little, teeny-tiny, shavey, velveteeny fuzz that can make your artwork look and feel like a fuzzy toy pony straight from the least that's how I can best find to describe it).

Then whilst cleaning up my studio the other day, I found my handy-dandy Martha Stewart glue pens (she happens to have her own line of flocking powders as well, though dollar-bin-priced they are not) and inspiration struck to finally do some flock art!

And a sweet, bitty-bunny sprung forth.

I don't know if I'm patient enough to do this flocking powder business regularly, though. I have to admit, I LOVE the fuzzy-wuzzy results, but my 'I-can't-wait-for-the-glue-to-dry' attitude led to some less than desirable flocking attempts before this one.

However, I am dying to use this to enhance some artwork with li'l bits o' fuzziness though. Just think of all the cute and creepy possibilities! Pin It

1 comment:

Yielly said...

Awww, that bunny is so adorable! I love everything about it. Wonderful job. :)