Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan


I've been left speechless by the ongoing disaster in Japan. I honestly find myself at a loss for words, which doesn't happen to me very often at all.

So even though information available all over the internet and news about how everyone can help, I figured that in addition to helping through my own charity donations, I could at least help spread the word, encourage others to continue to give and spread the word, and give my own public yet personal word of support and sympathy to the people of Japan.

And so, here I am.


And as for the cranes, I know it's not 1,000 of them. Not yet, at least.

If you haven't done so already, please consider giving to the following organizations to help disaster relief efforts in Japan:

Direct Relief International - continually ranked one of the most efficient disaster relief charities around by the likes of Forbes and the Better Business Bureau.

Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres)

And a round-up of craft auctions and charity proceeds to aid in relief efforts for Japan via the Red Cross and various other relief charities is available here (via Craftzine).

Peace and thank you.

Pin It

1 comment:

Anita said...

Such a nice post! And I love the cranes, as well as the meaning behind them.
I find that many people think that their efforts are meaningless in the face of such a big disaster, but if everyone just made one crane, so to speak, how quickly there would be 1000!
xo, A.