Friday, February 18, 2011

One Tom Selleck Dream Fulfilled...


Every time someone I meet finds out that I made the original infamous Tom Selleck Cake, I always get asked the same question, "Do you know if Tom Selleck has seen it?!? Does HE know about it?!?"

And of course, I never know the answer to that. "Maaaybe?"or, "Sure, I guess?"

Well, I can now die knowing, for sure and without a doubt, that my Tom Selleck cake made it all the way to Tom Selleck himself - hooray!!!


Tom was a guest on The View yesterday, and they didn't let him leave before letting him feast his baby blues on my very own pastel pastry portrait of him. Greatness! It even garnered a dimpled chuckle - even better!

You can watch it for yourself here -- just skip ahead to 29:29. Still no word from the View ladies on when they'd like me to swing by the show and create cake caricatures of all of them just yet...you know, I'm just sayin', is all...

So, that's one more meta dream fulfilled (of course, it was another meta and fabulous dream to learn that the cast of Futurama ate their own cupcakes inspired by MY brain slug cupcakes).

What's next? Maybe Mark Hamill slicing into his own Alicia-inspired Wampa cake arm? I have to admit, that would be pretty sweet! Pin It

5 comments:

leah said...

That is amazing!!

Hell Notes for Beauty™ said...

So funny I always watch them while washing dishes and cooking. You did a great job withthe cake. I'' def play the episode online.

Gina Lee Bean said...

I'm loving the chocolate sprinkles/chest hair effect! x

kuskus said...

Worth it for 3 car commercials? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMaybe.

Jo said...

Glad Tom Selleck got to see your cake. He recently saw my Tom Selleck cake, which was inspired by yours, though ours looks a bit melty.