Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Never Too Late For Love...

On Valentine's Day morning, I woke up really early,quietly crept around the house (so as to not disturb my sweetie with my kitchen noises), and softly called to him from the kitchen to wake up... not to surprise him with any sort of romantic gesture, however.

You thought that's where this was going, Didn't you? You're wrong.

Quite the contrary, in fact.

I called him to the kitchen because I was feeling faint and queasy (hence why I woke up so early), and it was while I was attempting to make myself a little snack to maybe feel a bit better that I realized I would not be able to keep anything down, and proceeded to be very sick for the entire day with what we can only assume was food poisoning.

Happy Valentine's Day, darling! You get to take care of me and make sure I don't die! *kissy*kissy*retch*!

So what's all this have to do with extravagantly coiffed ladies?

Well, it's why I never got to post this little gouache and watercolor hair-tastic hearts piece that I was planning to post on Monday to wish all of you a happy Valentine's Day.

Because instead of eating chocolate and smelling flowers I was trying to shake off the chills and keep at least a few sips of Gatorade down. Booo!

But I figured I might as well go ahead and post it now, becasue, hey! It's never too late for some love stuff.


So I hope you enjoy her now just as much as you would've 4 days ago. I like her all right, but I'm pretty 'sneh' on her coloring -- It's no where near what I had envisioned when I put the brush to paper. But maybe that's because I painted her at night. With terrible lighting. D'oh!

I learned my lesson.

Kids, don't paint in the dark.

Also, don't eat any salad that might not have been thoroughly washed before your eating it.

But most importantly, remember that Valentine's Day is fun and all, but it's not the end of the world if you don't do a thing for it, or if you happen to get violently ill on it. Any day is a good day to share some love, and that's what matters...

Awwwww! That's sweet, isn't it? Wait a sec, I think I may be sick again... Pin It

3 comments:

Anita said...

I think the colors are beautiful! And so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Stay well!

alicia policia said...

Thanks, Anita! I'm glad I'm feeling better, too!

And I'm glad that you like the colors.

Sometimes when something just doesn't match what you had envisioned in your mind's eye, you just end up unable to see it any other way than what it SHOULD be (to you), you know?

I've got a case of whatever you call that with this lady, that's for sure. : )

Sarah J! said...

She's super beautiful. :)