Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Elvis!

Today is Elvis' birthday, so be sure to celebrate in a manner fit for The King. Eat some peanut butter and banana sandwiches, put on your blue suede shoes, and maybe karate chop open a birthday piñata in his honor.

I made this Elvis birthday art a few years ago for a client, but I never did share in on the bloggy blog. So, here it is.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Alicia, you did not draw this because: 1) this is not a drawing of a cat, 2) this is not a drawing of a girl, 3) this is not in gouache, and 4) this is not your 'style.'"

What can I say? I am multi-faceted, as are my illustration stylezzzz.

Anyway... I like to think that busting up a piñata would be something Elvis would've enjoyed doing. I mean, he seemed to enjoy a lot of other cool things like slot car racing, crazy custom trikes, and some of the awesomest clothes ever, why not piñatas? Everyone loves piñatas!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, some un-piñata related Elvis.

¡Viva Elvis! Pin It

1 comment:

Serge said...

Everybody sure loves pinatas as well as the candy which just pours out of them!