Saturday, December 4, 2010

Angel-Bells

Every year I get so wrapped up in preparations for various shows and ongoings, that it seems like I never, ever have a chance to do some Christmas crafting just for the fun of it, for my own home, for me.

Or I do make something for myself, and then this is what happens:

Husband: I'm going on a bike ride.
Me (snapping pictures): Ok. I'm going to put some pictures of these angel bell thingies on the blog.
Husband: Those are cute. Where did you get them?
Me: I made them!
Husband: Really? When?
Me: Uhhhh....Two years ago. You've just never seen them because I never put them out.
Husband: *eyeroll/raised eyebrow thing he does*

It's true.

These are two years old, and no one has even seen them other than myself. They're cute, they're Christmas-y, but each year the holidays pass by and they remain unmoved and forgotten in their little box.

That's the story of just about every thing I ever make for Christmas, if it even gets made in the first place.

But it's going to change, I tell ya! This year, I'm decoratin', doggonit!


So tomorrow, these sweet babies will finally get to hang out on a tree and ting-a-ling-a-ling for the first time ever, despite being over 2 years old.

And we will sit and I will sew stockings for my nieces, sip mulled wine, play I Spy (the Christmas Tree version as is our family tradition) and relax and enjoy the holiday season before Christmas Eve arrives for once in my adult life. Hurray!

And I cannot tell you how very much I am looking forward to it all. After so many years of rushed Christmases, it's going to be reeeeeaaaally nice. Pin It

2 comments:

Suzie said...

love these! the hair the most!

alicia policia said...

The hair cuteness is not even fully realized in these photos -- Redhead angel's pom-pom bun isn't even visible!