Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paper Anniversary


This past Sunday, my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Hooray!

The first anniversary is traditionally celebrated with gifts of paper, and we decided that we're going to try to stick to the traditional gift theme thing.

I received a lovely piece of artwork involving teeth by Kate Pugsley that I had swooned over on Etsy a few months ago (have I ever written about my thing with teeth on here? I love teeth!), and I gave him a nice first edition copy of one of his favorite books. Yay, paper!

It was while I was thinking about wedding anniversaries and paper (what do most people give for the paper anniversary anyway?) that I realized I never shared many of my paper projects from the actual wedding that didn't make it to the big fat DIY wedding post -- Save the Dates, invitations, menus, seat cards, etc. etc....

So maybe now would be a good time to share some of that, what with the anniversary and all, hmmm? With that I give your our Save the Dates. Taa daa!


This is the front of our Save the Date cards. It's the precursor to the wedding coloring book version of ourselves, and various wedding related flotsam and jetsam. And cats. You gotta have cats.

I used my Gocco for the first time ever to print them up, and I think they turned out super cute. I went back in and painted some areas green that were too difficult to deal with registration-wise on the Gocco itself. At least too difficult for a first timer with a deadline, that is.

I was very pleased with the result, and got a lot of compliments on it from our friends and family. And it makes for a nice little family portrait, too. Kitties!

So there you have it. One year of happy marriage, and one super cute paper wedding memory for the occasion!

Next year is cotton. Methinks that might prove a bit trickier gift and anniversary blog post...we'll have to wait and see what I can think up. Pin It

No comments: