Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sweetie Cakes


So! Sweet! This painting gives me a cavity.

It's even sweeter if I tell you that I painted it yesterday for my mama's birthday. And that those are four little cuppin' cakes kiddos there. So super sweet, it hurts. Owie!

Of course, maybe you look at this and think of it as being four cuppy cake suitors and their crush of a cake. I admit, it has that Valentine vibe... Still sweet, but could be! Everything is open to interpretation...

(and now time for an unlikely segue)

...Including this incredible song by Dave Rawlings (and Gillian Welch) that I couldn' t resist listening to whilst working on this painting.

Whatever you think it's about, the song is probably most likely NOT about mothers and their birthdays. Or an actual sweet tooth. Or 'sweet' things.

But I love it. In fact, I think I'm going to go crank it now.

Have I told you how I love being in a house where I can crank those speakers after soooooo many years of apartment dwelling? No? Well, I do!



Pin It

1 comment:

Kenzie said...

I loveeee this painting! It's so cute! I would love it for my wall! :)