Friday, March 19, 2010

Subterranean Root-Maid

Or should it be WORMmaid? Get it, eh? Clever, aren't ? Not really.

Anyway, I dunno what she is, but she dwells underground, is half root, half lady, and loves wormie squirmies.

I did this doodle lady last minute, last night for last week's topic over of 'subterranean' on Illustration Friday. But I missed posting it in time before this week's topic of 'expired,' for which I guess it could also work. : P

I reckon I was inspired by my new favorite hobbies of yard tending and gardening. Pulling up long dandelion and sow thistle tap roots and digging various plant beds has introduced me to more earthworms, wayward roots, snails, and creepy crawlies than I have seen in the past 10 years of my life.

They have been following me into my dreams, and apparently my artwork and subconscious now. The pre-yard Alicia mind would've thought of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Morlocks for the word 'subterranean,' nerd that I am.

Thought I'd post this tardy worm lovin' girl anyway. Hope you enjoy her.
Pin It

1 comment:

chococotton said...

Oh, I absolutely love this! I have a soft spot for earthworms and this is so cute! It's going to be my desktop background :)