Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to Blog and Happy Darwintine's Day!

Well, hello there! It's been a darned long time!

It's nice to be back. It's been 3.5 months consisting of a bajillion projects, 1,000+ unread blog posts on my Google reader (seriously), hundreds of softies sewn, stuffed, and sold, about 5 trips out of town, 4 birthday cake projects, 3 friends engaged, 2 friends with new babies, 1 family illness (all is well now, thank goodness!), 1 mugged friend, 1 newly gained iPhone, and sadly, 0 blog posts. 

So the gist of it has been craziness + busy-ness. But I'm back. Ahhhh!

I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year time, and that all finds you well on this lovely Darwin Day

To celebrate, here's a little last minute Darwin inspired valentine I sketched up about a year ago, and decided to finish up as a quickie for today's special occasion.

It's not every year a dead scientist turns 200, you know. Happy Darwintine's Day!
Pin It

5 comments:

Early Bird Special said...

Welcome back, Alicia! I love this illustration!! I've never heard of Darwin Day, so thanks for the lesson!

xoxo
Amy

Tirzha said...

And happy Darwin day to you as well! And don't forget that it's also Lincoln's 200th birthday! I only just realized they're celebrated on the same day ;)

I'm glad you're back to blogging. I started following your blog months ago only to realize I never had any updates! Welcome back and I hope your busy schedule allows you a little time to recooperate before Spring fever hits!

Jason Chalker said...

Awesome card! You're way too clever for your own good. Welcome back to the blogosphere. We missed you!

IFC said...

Glad that you're back at it Alicia. Sounds like you've been pretty busy, so I'm looking forward to seeing more projects.

selloutboy said...

that image is hilarious. What a perfect valentine.