Thursday, October 16, 2008

Strings Everywhere

I haven't done an Illustration Friday topic in forevah!  So when I saw this week's theme of 'strings' I knew I wanted to draw a little something up, even if it's a super quickie digital doodle that's not particularly my favorite bit of work posted within the last few minutes of Thursday before a new theme goes up.... 

And yes, as you may have guessed, it's a bit autobiographical.

You see, there are strings of thread everywhere around here.  Everywhere.  I live on a carpet of thread snippets.  My clever kitty loves flalloping and playing amongst them, which is achingly adorable.  Although, I end up perpetually shedding threads every time I head out of the house since they're in or on everything I own. It's insane. Seriously, my doormat looks like the floor I've drawn here.  No lies.

Sigh.  I reckon such is the life of a plush artist....or at least such is the life of a very sloppy and lazy plush artist would rather see her cat roll around in the thread than sweep it up.  I mean cats + strings = instant and everlasting cuteness, after all, right? Who could resist?  Not I!  

And I would like to mention a big thank you for those mysterious people who selected this li'l blog o' mine as a 'blog of note' yesterday - oh my!  What an honor! 

And an even bigger thank you to everyone who stopped on by, left comments, and sent me emails.  All I have to say is, wowza!  I am so incredibly flattered by everyone's kind words.  

And I'm working on some things to give back to you, dear readers, so sit tight, and thank you!!!  


*edited for some typos, and I'm trying to find a way to edit posts without having them resent to google reader...hrmmmm....* Pin It

38 comments:

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

i love this! and i love your plushies!!

magstermash said...

cute!

Flying Colors said...

Adorable little String Maniac!!!
Meow... :)

Nurse with Training Wheels said...

Cute picture! Just love the expression on the cat like "what?"

Mrs. Tomacina Wuthrich said...

I like your blog and would love to have a reciprical link.

Thinking Soul... said...

Hey! I really like your blog! Very different and your crafts are adorable! Keep up the great work! :)

dadadoll designs said...

cute (that's an understatement, my mind's not working much right now hehe) but i really like it.

Nicky Linzey said...

Love your cat's eyes and the colour and pattern of the floor. I'd love a cat but I've got a little doggy instead!

Thinking pad said...

Hi Alicia..that is cute kitty .. looks lost among the strings...I am a new blogger but my blogs would talk more about the movies....from india...I am an Indian....I understand that creative people are like subjective topics .. they are open to new things new experiences...hope to see more of your sketches......

SuSuseriffic said...

Very cute stuff!

darkman said...

I like it.

Crochet by Momma J said...

Adorable little kitty. I have a cat who I have to keep out of my closet or I would have leather shavings from my shoes everywhere!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com

Kathleen Raeymaekers said...

Hi,
I know what you are talking about. I'm a graphic designer and I design cards so I work with paper. We also have a cat (Sniffy) and we I create a new card. She likes to play with the left-over paper. So yes, some days I have a cat completely tangled up in paper which gives a funny sight. We also have 2 cute gerbils who like to play, shred and build houses with the paper. It's a kind of "recycling" right? But I'm happy that our pets share the same passion as me for paper. Maybe your cat also loves what you are doing and this might be her way to tell you she loves your work!!!

fred said...

That's nice! I found your blog on this highlights thing that blogger is making, now I come back often.

Cakespy said...

Cute! I like the simple but very emotive expression!

moitinhdau136 said...

i love this....

BitterSweet said...

Is this a poem its crazy in a cat caught in yawn sort of way

f2images said...

Very cute. What do they say..... Clutter/mess = productivity? What a fun little diddy. :)

Eyom said...

Blog of Note! COngrats!
Very artistic hand you got there..
Keep it up! :)

myza said...

nice i love this

Luisa Migon said...

Love your blog, love your drawings!!! :O)

I'm not a miracle maker.... said...

second blog i've looked at! am new to all this...but just wanted to say i like the way you write...it made smile..thx..

Alicia said...

Hi Alicia,
I also am an 'ah-lee-see-ah' and I can't stand it when people say Alisha! I also am a cat lover, but I must say I am nowhere near as talented and creative as you! I love the blog and definitely am going to be making it one of my everyday reads.
Congrats on Blog of Note!
Alicia

mynameisnia said...

Blog of note, congrats then..

lowercase-v said...

cute drawing. i've just stumbled upon your blog on blogs of note.

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you are a Blog of Note and I came across you and your etsy shop! Best, Cheryl

jb said...

Hey Alicia

Congrats on being blog of note. love your art work. Very very cool. You got some wicked talent. I will be waitng to see you next little art project.

Cheers
JB

Jane said...

love it

Zorro said...

i wanna be noted as well. envy you, good girl!!

A1Nurse said...

So stinkin' cute!

Cindy said...

Oh, what a cute drawing and your words are wonderful with the blog! Congrats on getting the Blog notes!

Melania Szinger said...

You can come up with something even with such a thing as simple as strings! You're one creative fella.

Melania Szinger
http://wealth-inspiredbooks.blogspot.com/
...inspiring wealth into your life

tigerlily said...

haha awesome!! i wish i had a cat...my dog justs steals my underwear and runs around the yard with it. ^_^

Milo said...

wow!
great style!
i really love your works!

Raymond Lee said...

Hi Alicia,

Good one for start of day for me

Cain said...

So I was just randomly clickin' around and I came across your blog - AND your cat. Since I love (that's an understatement) cats, I decided to drop you a line - I can't resist that combination either! :) Keep up the good work - wish my blog was as great as yours!

Iqa Rasol said...

i totally love ur works!Good job!
I'm totally gonna link this;)

Mathias Hariyadi RYI said...

What a nice picture and inspiring.
mhariyadi@yahoo.com
http://mytitch.blogspot.com
Jakarta, Indonesia