Sunday, October 19, 2008

Maker Faire!

This past weekend was Maker Faire here in Austin.   If you're not familiar with Maker Faire, it's basically a ginormous gathering celebrating engineering, creativity, art, craft, and the do-it-yourself spirit. Which is an event that is 100% right up my alley. 

I didn't get to go last year (I was in Florida for my high school reunion...), and I was sooo excited about going this time around. 

It was a blast!!!  I met so many talented and friendly folks, and I left feeling so inspired by all of the DIY goodness there.  I only wish had had been able to see everything, but there was just too much to see, and I only had so much energy...   

I did make sure to take pictures (which I usually forget to do...) because I really wanted to share some of the sights, sounds, and artisans I met who put so much hard work, enthusiasm, and creativity into what they do.  I even posted my pics to a Maker Faire flickr set, like a good little girl!

And as for the sampling of projects, crafters and makers you see here in my nifty li'l photo mosaic, feel free to check out their incredible work!  They are: 

Whew!  
Pin It

24 comments:

Doomkat said...

Maker Faire looks like so much fun! I wish I could have gone!

Virginia Rose Kane said...

What fun! Now I know what I'm doing next time my high school reunion rolls around. Thanks!

Trudi & Gary said...

Found you under the "Blogs of Note" section today. Great site! Love all the artsy stuff, glad someone else thinks the way I do, I'll have to follow your lead and make my page more "me".
Trudi (& Gary) Brown

mika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
King Sidharth said...

Hmm.. so what do they have a website? I mean Maker Faire?
Well hope to join in someday
Read mah blog:
www.KingOfficial.BlogSPot.com

Crochet by Momma J said...

Sounds like a blast!

Marianne
www.crochetbymommaj.etsy.com
http://crochetbymommaj.blogspot.com/

TheVintageHusband said...

I found your blog on the "Blogs of Note" page, man you've got some great stuff. Love that comic book picture o the couple. You are really lucky to have friends that can draw like that. Keep on craftin'!

Virtuality said...

Acabo de conocer tu blog y me gusta mucho felicidades por el contenido y el orden que ofreces.

Un saludo

fodgee boy said...

nice a arrangements....
its a blast...

http://apol.weebly.com/
http://apolonio-gesma.blogspot.com/

Facineted said...

This is a very nice blog. The color combination is great. But above all, the contents have a lot of essence. I am following this blog from now on.

Angela said...

Hi Alicia,
I love your artwork on your Etsy shop. Would you consider doing something personalized? I have a 16 month old named Frankie and I thought it would be great if you could do a "F" for Frankie art piece like your Abigail. Please post on my blog if you are interested. Thank you very much. Angela

Caren said...

i really like your photos and blogs. so beautiful!!
my blog:http://carenhappy.blogspot.com/

best wishes!!

A1Nurse said...

Maker Faire! What fun! Your pics came out great(even with the "crappy old" camera. You are so talented and your work is so fun. Thanks for sharing!

joonbeam said...

Alicia, what a lovely collage and thanks so much for including me. It was wonderful meeting you at the Faire and I hope we'll meet again soon. Love your blog. Have a beautiful weekend. joon

merit said...

this is a good one i think ,well done alicia

Maria Medeiros said...

Lovely blog and wonderful and creative work! :)

Izaskun said...

What a fun!!
Great pics. Congratulations.
http://izaskunontour.blogspot.com/

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Maker Faire looks great! Congrats on being listed on blogsofnote! That's where I found your blog.

contrlfreq said...

dat looks like fun! A+!

Jennylynn said...

I loves loves loves ya blog and art!
-jennylynn

Jennifer Perkins - Naughty Secretary Club said...

So good to see you at Maker Faire, looking forward to shopping your booth at Blue Genie!

webhosting said...

Nice pictures

Tiffany Teske said...

I wish they had this in my area. Joon, who is in your photo collage, directed me to your blog.

Apsu said...

Booooooooo :))))

nice blog..

minikperi