Thursday, October 9, 2008

gourdish ghoulies

Boo!  That's the sound of me, trying to scare the last of the cold I've had away.  Perhaps these two gourdish ghoulies will help me send it packin'. 

You may remember my cutesy gourd ghostie from last year.  Here are his cousins -- who are not quite as cutesy, but still adoreable, no?  All of the Yugoslavian finger fruits weren't as cutesy ghostie shape friendly this year, so the Creepy Cousins here come from the 'random gourds in the market'  side of the family.  I just chose two without stems, turned them upside down, and painted their little spooky faces right on.  Ta-daa!

And of course, pac-man eyes are a must. I can't get enough of them pac-man eyes. *sigh*

Speaking of spooky, make sure to check out all the spooky art at Amy's Ice Cream on 6th. It's spook-tacular fun for everyone!
Pin It

8 comments:

Rebecca Kelsey said...

I think the spooky cousins are actually very adorable, rather then spooky. I will attempt to make one, which I'm sure will be a disaster!

Dog Bites Back said...

Those are so cute!


Uh, I mean, scary. Yes.

[Giggles like a schoolgirl.]

Chris F. said...

This is some nice artwork.

Bsquared86 said...

They are too cute! I love the eyes.

b. James said...

There is definitely something intrinsically scarier about using a gourd instead of a pumpkin. And turning the gourd upside down! a stroke of genius. Makes them look a lot more 80-year-old-man-wrinkly-face-like.

Manthony said...

These are great!

ms. mindless said...

how cute! i am a teacher and i want those for my classroom!

dreamLess said...

so sweet spooky ((: