Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yay! Austin City Limits (and my birthday)!

Well, I've been withholding some news from my blog reading public for a while now: I (aka The Small Cat Club) will be a vendor at the SoCo Art Market at the Austin City Limits Music Festival!  Hooray!!!

I am beyond excited and flattered about being selected and amongst such great company like Parts and Labour, The Austin Craft Mafia, and Naughty Secretary Club along with tons of other local favorites.

That's yet another one of the reasons I've been so dang blasted busy this summer.  I've been cranking out as much merchandise as I possibly can (like some of the 100+ bats you see pictured here...I am my own urban bat colony).  Plus, I've been wanting to give this tidbit of news it's own special post, and today happens to be my birthday, so I figured how much special-er could the day be for finally spreading the word?  Not much! So there you go. Good news on a good day. 

If you're going to be at ACL, make sure to head on over for a visit between the greatness musical acts (like Man Man, Gillian Welch, David Byrne, Neko Case, Beck, Manu Chao, Iron & Wine, Old 97's, Mates of State, and so many much more that I probably won't be able to see, but wish I could...) .

And if you can't make it there, I'll be making a much needed update to my etsy shop on October 4. Excitement!

Now I'm off to spend birthday time with my mama.  Mamas are the best.  Especially mine. 
Pin It

7 comments:

Kennon said...

Awesome! It's looks like you are poised to make a killing. Super!

Happy BDAY and much success at the show!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! :) ♥

boutiquetucan said...

Nice blog! It's neat to find other Etsy people when I'm just prowling the net! cute bats!

Boutique Tucan

Mara Zeitspieler said...

Cut little fellows!
Greetings
Mara Zeitspieler

davidjamescole said...

holy cow, alicia!!!! how much stuff have you been making?!?!?! your poor little fingers must be so tired! now all they have to do is dial 10 little digits on the phone! =)

tigerlily said...

omg i love them! i couldnt possible make so many...and so perfectly! mucho props

Caren said...

its really awesome!! i like your blog so much!!!:D

kiss