Saturday, August 30, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation, Part II: Sublime Stitchery

 
Aside from attending my brother's wedding and getting engaged myself, this summer's terrific-osity quotient was up due to my having the incredible pleasure of designing these Sexy Librarian embroidery patterns for none other than Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching.  

I am so thrilled that my little librarians have received such a warm welcome, and I cannot describe how exciting, flattering, and overall awesome-o it was to work with Jenny on them.  

By the way, the superb master stitching you see here was done by Amy Bindel - you should definitely check out her inspiringly perfect and precious needlework.  Of course, should you feel the need to take up some embroidery yourself, you can purchase some sexy librarians of your own right here

And since we're on the topic of stitching, check out August's Crafting A Business article (and my illustration for it) over at venuszine.com about hiring help. I have to admit that the environs of this particular illustration are, um, very autobiographical. Gah!
Pin It

7 comments:

Dotty said...

Wonderful designs, they are so cute and sexy all at the same time :)
Congratualtions on getting engaged x

da janx said...

glad to see you posting.

great stuff. makes me smile.

sewitsforyou said...

Congrats on the engagement! I love you patterns and love your art...you are super talented

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

Happy Birthday!

beadgirl said...

You are the designer? I became obsessed with them the second I saw them, what with me becoming a librarian and all. They are wonderful. Congratulations on all the good news.

IUSHE said...

WOW....!!!
your designs r just superb....!!!
loved it all.........
god wrk keep it up....
bbyyee...

qwanty said...

Zoinks. I think I love you. I already have a pile of sublime stichery patterns right in front of me that I'm neglecting, and I can't wait to get my hands on your patterns and move them to the top of the pile of stuff to neglect! Really -- I love your work, especially your cute little ghostie gourds.