Thursday, August 28, 2008

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Neglect My Blog

I know, I know.  I've been a very bad girl.  A very bad, naughty blogger.  One pitiful post for all of July. Tsk tsk.  But in my defense, I have been a very, very, very busy girl.  So busy, that yes, I neglected my poor widdle blog. 

However, the rest of the world did not.  While I was out, the Tom Selleck cake exploded onto the internets.  It is everywhere!  And I'm mega  thrilled about that - thank you all so much for the link love, blog love, and all around Tom Selleck cake love!  I've even spawned a trend - check out this Tom Selleck cake I found through

And I hope to bring you even more cakey, kitschy greatness in the future.   What great adventures in icing portraiture are to come?  I don't know just yet.  I've had a LOT of  requests for David Hasselhoff. Like, a LOT. 

However, if I were to go with my own childhood 80's TV crushes, (and not my friends' or readers') it'd be Howlin' Mad Murdock from the A-Team. What can I say?  I was an odd kid. 

So...the cake gears are turning.  Any more suggestions or requests?  

In the mean time, I'll be keeping y'all updated with what I did on my summer vacation.  It's been exciting, but super fast. Oh, summer, I hardly knew ye!  
Pin It


rainylakechick said...

You are FAMOUS in the world of internet cakes! Emma showed me the link yesterday!! :)

My ideas for the next cake? Not a "crush" of mine, but back in the 80s I did watch a lot of Angela Lansbury on Murder She Wrote. And Jerry Orbach has a special place in my heart on Law & Order. :)

Clevergretchen said...

What about a series? 80's Private Investigators: Jim Rockford, Remington Steele, Simon & Simon, Crockett and Tubbs, etc.

I love how all over the blogosphere people are saying how lucky "Emma" is and what a good friend she must have in you. They are SO right--I *am* lucky, and you are an awesome friend!

That homage cake is frightening and hilarious. :D

alicia policia said...

Oooh! Crockett and Tubbs! That was a show my brothers were totally into, but I was only into the soundtrack.

My second oldest brother had a t-shirt of cartoon Crockett and Tubbs look-a-like mice, titled, of course, "Miami Mice." I loved that t-shirt. I SO wanted one of my own.

He also owned a Mr. T tshirt I coveted. So far I'm leaning towards A-Team or Miami Vice cakes...

da janx said...

That's so awesome! ...your cake famousery.

I pity the fool who does not make a Mr. T cake--but you saw that one coming, didn't you?

(Though you started at the top. Nothing is more awesome than a Thomas Magnum cake.)

alicia policia said...

Janx - Actually, my mom made a Mr. T cake back in the 80's for my brother's b-day. I'll try to find a pic for ya...

MiauMau said...

hi Alicia,

Just writing to say that I love your blog and that your cake as reached us here at Framestore in London ( ). As I was opening maya (the 3d software that we use ) I saw that someone had replaced the splash screen with a picture of your cake, I thought "I know this!! I better tell Alicia, I know that she'll appreciate that"

Christina Forshay said...

uh, hello? are we forgetting MacGyver?

Riki said...


Inset said...

Alicia Policia, can I know about you and detail your profile? visit me on or and thank's