Friday, May 30, 2008

Sugar Skull Softies

Hello, Blog! Sorry I was out for a while. I had a crapload of work this month, which is a mixed blessing sort of thing. But just look at some of the new things I'm doing, and you'll see it was work well worth it.

Like these here sugar skull softies. They've been pretty popular over on my flickr account (at least popular for one of my pics, that is...), so I figured it was time to introduce them to the blog. I figured out a pattern of my own, sewed them up, embellished them with wool felt and hand embroidery, and I have to say that over all they make me very happy. There's one over at my etsy shop, and more have been dropped off at Parts and Labour on South Congress.

Were I able to juggle, I would totally juggle them, in a case of life imitating art. Alas I cannot juggle...

More posts of some of the things I've been up to to come! It's time for some multiple posts... Pin It

14 comments:

da janx said...

ok.

these are awesome.

cloudycloud said...

WANT! Skulls _are_ awesome! These are so beautiful.

andi butler said...

oh my gawd, these are completely fantastic!!

a : )

Kate said...

Fabulous!

neitamartina said...

those are great what a wonderful idea!

gatofish said...

Your calaveras are just awesome. What a great idea.

Your etsy shop is just darling, too. Love the gatos in hats! ;)

erika said...

I love them! Just when I feel like I've seen everything...someone comes up with something absolutely fantastic. Great job!

Krissi's Stitchery said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Aaron Sacco said...

I can teach you to juggle!

These rock! You are so talented.

Diana said...

Just gorgeous. Oh, boo for me. Someone's bought the ones on etsy. Good for you! ;)

Dotty said...

These are so cute. I love the needlework on them. Your work is just awesome.

treehousejukebox said...

Oh, I love these!

ms trouble said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while researching sugar skull making ideas. I'd love to buy one from you, but it looks like I'm too late. I don't suppose there's any chance you'd share your sewing pattern?

SleepyTiki said...

Wow, these are amazing. Are you still making these? Do you show how to DIY anywhere? Gorgeous work.