Friday, May 2, 2008

FeeJee the MerMonkMaid

Here is my fourth and final Painted Plush piece* for the Crammed Organisms show -- FeeJee the MerMonkMaid. FeeJee is my interpretation of what those classic mermaids of earlier eras (most famously the FeeJee Mermaid, after which she is named) might look look like if she were not dead, dehydrated, and all shriveled up. They were traditionally made of half a monkey, and half a fish, so there you go -- a MerMonkMaid.
FeeJee was, of course, made the same way I made my other painted plush. I was a little tired by the time I got to her, so she suffered from slight a lack of interest on my part. Had I made her first, she would've had more bells and whistles, methinks. I originally wanted to make her a standard non-painted plush, along with a panda mermaid softie, but I changed my mind, and decided to stick with all four being Painted Plush. I'm glad I did. This has been fun and refreshing.

And so, that is all of my pieces made for Crammed Organisms. I hope you enjoyed viewing and reading about them as much as I enjoyed making them.

* Sorry, Janx -- I forgot to write in the last post that there was one more to come! Pin It

4 comments:

da janx said...

woo-hoo!

surprise plush!

bully! bravo on all FOUR!

Clevergretchen said...

So, are you actually going to be in St. Louis for the show, or will you just be sending your stuff in? Inquiring people that sometimes have to go to Missouri and would rather go when they can see friends at plush shows want to know . . . .

andi butler said...

Phenom Alicia! Tremendously creepy eyes! Love it!! What are you going to do when you get 500 orders for these? Stock up on paint... : ) Hey, we needs to see more cakes too, I'm adding you to my Foolish Morsel blogroll!!

a : )

zee bee said...

Scary and Funny I am doing an
ATC-Swap (Artistic training card swap)

Ukiah said...

Monsters give me the FREAKS!!!!!!!!!!