Monday, January 7, 2008

¡Viva Elvis!

Tomorrow (or today, depending on when you read this) is Elvis' birthday, so I thought I'd post some Elvis art I did just for the occasion. I've mentioned before that I don't want to turn this into a 'work' blog, but I just couldn't resist sharing my birthday cake balancing Priscilla-themed ladies' shirt I did for the Chuy's 'Elvis' Birthday Bash.' I think of it as being very Alician.

Once, when I was in high school, my mom told me that most Alicia pieces of artwork can be boiled down to the theme of 'girls with hair.' It's nice to see that I'm staying true to my roots. And no, that pun wasn't intended, but it's staying nonetheless.

Also, I'd like to add that her hairstyle, is not that far from the real thing. Craziness! I can't imagine walking around like that.

For you locals who may read this, if you feel it in your hips or in your blue suede shoes, head on over to Chuy's tomorrow -- on 183 5:00-6:30pm, and on Barton Springs Rd. from 7:30-9:30pm. Pin It

4 comments:

da janx said...

that is a wonderful design, and yes, it is uniquely you. wish i was a girl so i could wear this shirt... and i really like being a guy.

Clevergretchen said...

I love it! Happy Birthday, Elvis!

I have often wondered just HOW the 60s ladies managed to get their hair to do stuff like that . . .

davidjamescole said...

if you want to see hair that is really nuts you should watch the movie "Rhinestone," starring Dolly Parton. this movie is also amazing because she and Sylvester Stallone are supposed to be sexually attracted to one another.

alicia said...

Thanks for the complements, y'all!

Oh man, I totally want to see "Rhinestone!" I've seen the trailer, and it looks awesome. Plus, the song 'Tennessee Homesick Blues' is in it, and I totally love that Dolly song.

Mm....what wouldn't do for a little bitty taste of Mama's homemade chocolate cake....