Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!  

I drew this up whilst the boyfriend and I were at a cafe the other evening.  It's ink and gouache. La la la! Babies are cute! Hooray for an even numbered year!

Oh yeah, so about the even numbered year thing -- here's another story about just how weird of a kid I was, and since it's semi-new year related, here you go...

When I was little, I had this thing against odd numbers.  I did not like nor 'trust' odd numbers. Odd numbers were warm colors and varying shades of red, orange and yellow, and they were pointy and kind of itchy and just seemed 'mean.'  At least they were to me.  Even numbers were good.  They were round, and they were cool colors, like blues, purples, and greens, and they were friendly (it appears that I perhaps probably had some form of synesthesia.)

Anyway, I had this notion in my head throughout my childhood that even numbered years were good for me, while odd numbered years brought bad times.  I so did not look forward to beginning odd numbered years, while the start of an even numbered year seemed like a relief. 

It all turned out to be all just my own rubbish superstitions and mental oddities, but somehow I am still psyched about the year ending in a nice, round, friendly eight than in a pointy, pokey seven. 

Here's hoping this even numbered year is good to everyone -- not just me!
Pin It

1 comment:

da janx said...

weird. that's what you are. as a kid, artists are just bizzaro. some of us get better. others donut.

i liked odd numbers. still do. don't know why.

yay! happy new year.