Friday, December 28, 2007

Soar - Illustration Friday

Oh my, oh my! I cannot believe I haven't posted on here in over twenty days! In a nutshell, December was horrifically hectic, but in a good way.  It didn't provide me much time to post, or do much of anything (no Christmas tree, no handmade gifts, no treat making, no cleaning up...), unfortunately. 

The reason for the delay? Well, the Blue Genie Art Bazaar was a smash hit. I had no idea things would go so well for me, it being my first 'bazaar' and whatnot, but wow! I was kept busy making sure I had stock to carry me all the way through Christmas Eve.  I'm so glad to have been a part of it all -- there were some really talented (and very friendly) folks there. 

This little space girl here is a Bazaar leftover, but she's found a new home on my blog, as I feel her soaring far above the world fits the theme of 'soar' for this week's Illustration Friday. Welcome, Spacegirl, and welcome back, me!  

Now, to clean up the mess the past few months have left... Ugh.  

Oh yeah, and she's ink and gouache.
Pin It


Zach Taylor said...

Your showing at Blue Genie was great! I'm glad you did well.

Chickengirl said...

cute style..this is lovely!

esque said...

This is very cute - i love the girl's expression!

Keri said...

Very cute! The first thing I thought was "Interplanet Janet," but then, I'm showing my age.

The Unknown said...

Love the illustration.
Better check your oxygen levels. You're turning blue.
BWhahahahahaha... ahem
Congrats on the bazaar.
Happy New Year.

curlyillustrator said...

Great colors. I like how your composition keeps the eye moving around the page. Lovely.

Kelly Medina said...

Wonderful style!

sheree said...

what a lovely illo!

da janx said...

congrats on kickin' tush at the BGAB. i will miss your visits. must hear more about how it went.

illo is brizalliant, as always.

lil kim said...

great spacegirl!