Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Owl and the Pussycat


Here are the Owl and the Pussycat, in love aboard their beautiful pea-green boat. Awww.... It seems they're approaching the shores of the land where the Bong trees grow. They've got to find that Piggy-Wig and get married, pronto!

I originally started this piece way back when Illustration Friday had a theme of 'moon' at some point during the summer. I had the inks done and didn't get around to coloring it, and then the next week came, and the theme was 'poem,' so that was a perfect combo theme (seeing as this is based on a poem by Edward Lear), so it was my intention to finish it for a double whammy. Alas, I was a busy bee, and it still sat uncolored still... until tonight.

After many different color versions and several sessions of piddling around with the palette, it is finally colored and finished. Huzzah!

Ink and digital. : ) Pin It

1 comment:

Clevergretchen said...

Awww, I love Edward Lear, and this is so great! I'd love to see what you would do with the Jumblies (they went to sea in a sieve, they did). ;)