Wednesday, August 15, 2007

There's no place like studio....

Hello, hello. It's good to be back. I've been running around all over the place -- art openings, weddings (not mine), etc., so Illustration Friday and other paintings, drawings, and doodles fell to the wayside. I'm back though, and it's been a wonderful, if not very swift, past two weeks.

The Radical Nautical show was an absolute hit. It was absolutely packed, and there was a single file line to just get into the gallery. Crazy. It provided for some terrific people watching.

Also, a bit of good news, I won a judge's pick award for my painting! Yay! And congratulations to my friend Ren Sacco for his 'Mercrabicorn' taking best of show. It was a really great show with a lot of talented people, many of the most talented are amongst my own friends. I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by such talent. ; )

Aaand, some fabulous friends of mine go married this past weekend, and I was honored to be a bride's maid. Oh, it was a lovely blast! How could it not be with karaoke, a piƱata, a Conan the Barbarian groom's cake, an even a Kermit and Piggy wedding cake topper? Congratulations to Paul and Emma, who should be enjoying their honeymoon right about now.

So, now I'm diving back into artwork. The Dorothy above is one of my warm ups back into my art swing after being basically absent for about two weeks. Nothing special, but I like it. I think the character of Dorothy is more suited to being blonde, plain, and wholesome. It seems more 'Kansas' to me. But then, I've never been to Kansas. Oh, and of course, this is pre-silver (or ruby) slippers.

She's acrylic gouache on Rives BFK. Pin It


mike r baker said...

Nice to meetcha alicia policia! I am now officially one of your biggest fans! :)

Love, love, LOVE your work! And thanks for the nice comment on my blog. :)

alicia hart said...

Yay! Go Alicia! ... on your judge award. I have a picture of some people taking pictures in front of your work at the opening, but I'm out of town right now and can't post.
I'm glad to hear Paul and Emma finally tied the knot. what fun!

John Coulter said...

what brand of acrylic gouache do you use?