Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Radical Nautical Approaches

Thursday's the night! Yes, indeed, it is the big opening at Gallery Lombardi of Radical Nautical, with over 70 artists featured, live music, performances, and fish tacos to be provided. Fun starts at 7:00, and be warned, it will most likely be pretty packed.

Above is a crop of my final, second piece for the show, "¡Ay! La Sirena...que linda..." -- a crop because, again, there is boob-age to be seen, and a bit of stylized gore as well. To see the complete piece (boobs and violence included), resting propped up on my easel, just click this sentence.

Pastel underpainting, oils on board, I think it's 18" x 20"but I'm not sure about that. I'm pleased. It was a blast to paint. Pin It

6 comments:

da janx said...

disturbing and wonderful as usual.

Emma Forsyth said...

Just. gorgeous.

I'm going to do my best to be at the show. I will also probably be wearing a dress. :)

Kennon said...

I saw the original today and was blown away. Great stuff as usual.

davidjamescole said...

love how you really pushed the composition to the extreme. the figures don't feel cramped or forced and you still feel the vastness of the ocean. NOICE!

Suzanne said...

Couldn't look at the full picture the other day, because I was at work. It's MUCHO coolio, yo!! I really like it. I'm very sad that I couldn't be at the opening to see it and you and all the other people and fantastic art in person.

However, I shall see you next weekend! Woohoo!!!

mike r baker said...

Sweet and sad. I love her pale eyes.