Thursday, July 5, 2007

(Plot) Twist for Illustration Friday

Here's my topsy-turvy-twisty submission for the Illustration Friday theme of 'twist.' I decided to go with a plot twist, so turn it either way and it's like, "Oh my god, did that just happen! What a surprise!" or,"Oh no! What's going on! This isn't what I expected..." Here's the same art, just turned upside down for ya's. I've had books on the brain of late.

I was determined to submit this one in time. I might work it a bit more in the future. I hope that perhaps next week (uh, meaning tomorrow) will lead me to do some more traditional media work (although the line work here is pen and ink). I likes me some paint.

*edit* D'oh! Like a goofus, I entered my url for the link on IF as http://http:// and then the rest of the site, so yeah, I'm one of those people who had to submit it twice. My apologies. : ( Pin It

11 comments:

Katie McDee said...

This is great!

Anna J said...

I really like your style! Wonderful illustration, and nice twist.

JO said...

I love this. Very clever and well done.

Patrick said...

Very cool, and a great idea. I really like the emotions and the colors.

Tracy said...

I really like this and love your use of colors. Great work! :)

Tina Vaziri said...

This is so cute and smart, I adore your boy's faces, you're style is perfect.

studio lolo said...

very, very nice work!!

~e said...

Charming illustration with wonderful color. Nicely done!

aeneadellaluna said...

Cuteeee..really goofus looking as you say! :)

trudette said...

Very cool illo, well done.

alicia said...

Wow, thanks for all the compliments, folks! Such a nice reintroduction to Illustration Friday. : D