Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gouache Doodle

I've never painted in gouache, but I've been dying to try it out for so long. So when I was trying to decide what to get with my 50% off one item at Jerry's Artarama, I went for a small set of acrylic gouaches, well, because they were out of the normal kind. Pooh! This little girl is what I doodled up once I got home. I'll have to play with the more later. She's not masterful or great by any means, but I like her. It was fun. I need some better brushes.

I think I'll prefer regular gouaches, as the acrylic ones don't let you rework the paint. Once it's dry, it's dry. Pin It


davidjamescole said...

holy moley! i love it! your limited palette has again worked to your advantage, as has the simple, graphic style. it reminds me of an old-fashioned children's book illustration, like something that would have been in a 'golden books' book when we were young.

mike r baker said...

I hate that you toss this off with "she's not masterfull"... Sheesh! She's awesome! I love her sweet face and her hands casually reasting on the edges of the painting. She's adorable!!!