Thursday, June 21, 2007

Radical Nautical Artical


Tired, weary weather matches a tired, weary me.

Whew! I'm pooped. I've been preparing work (last minute, of course) for Gallery Lombardi's Radical Nautical show. I've been working on it for the past two days, but the thing is I feel like I've barely gotten any artwork done. What the hey? So the picture above is a snapshot of my art table earlier this drizzly morning. It's a sneak peek at one project(in progress), and the blank slate that became the second project (now also in progress).

It's been so long since I've made actual hands on artwork -- non-digital, non-doodle, hands on artwork. I forgot how fun it can be, but then it's taking so much longer than I remember. How is it I could do an assignment all in one night during college? Was I better skilled then, or is it just that I have higher standards and more complex projects now? I remember this one time in my senior year where I went for 60 hours straight without sleep, just working on projects and going to classes and crits. Eventually, when I did finish, I crashed and slept for 18 hours. I can't even fathom doing that now. I must be old...sigh.

Well, here's hoping this weekend there's some sunshine and some relaxin' time for me. For now, it's back to work... Pin It

No comments: