Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Number five is alive!

This time I mean business. Despite me trying over the past 2+ years to start and maintain an art and craft blog about four other times, I am determined now more than ever to keep the dream alive and kicking. I want this...I can do this. Hoorah!

So, here's a little low down on me. I am originally from Jacksonville, Florida where I developed my phobia of toads and frogs in depth. I attended Syracuse University where I majored in Illustration and had an absolute blast. I then moved to Austin, working variously as a private drawing and painting instructor, a jewelry designer for Kendra Scott Design, an animator for A Scanner Darkly, and as an illustrator and designer working with a whole host of cool clients, including SXSW and the Chuy's family of restaurants. It's been almost five years since moving here, and while I've worked on some incredible projects and met some amazing people, I know that my own personal artistic and creative output has just dwindled down to a trickle over the years. I miss it. A lot. I want it back.

And so, there you go. Here's wishing me luck! Pin It


Neva Austrew said...

Welcome Alicia! You are awesome, and I know you are going to continue doing amazing things. Blogs are soooo much easier to update than websites, so maybe this time will stick!

davidjamescole said...


i miss seeing that artwork of yours that never fails to dazzle and inspire me. i really hope you do continue to post and share your unique vision and insight with your dedicated followers (me and neva). :)

oh, and WOW, i can't believe you've been in austin for five years already.

alicia said...

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words, guys!

I think the hardest part for me so far has been trying to find the time to make an entry because June was just kah-raaaaaay-zee! But I have many much more updates to go, and hopefully this will just become a habit.